Štrbské Pleso

Mast height

40

Altitude

1346

Mast type

reinforced concrete pillar with slanted cladding

Object function

radio relay station of the northern major link

Interesting facts

The tower at Štrbské Pleso is an important telecommunications object. It was constructed between 1968 and 1970 as part of the organization of the World Ski Championships (FIS 1970). At the same time, it became the first radio relay point in Slovakia with remote control, without personal operation.

In 2006, reconstruction works were carried out on the tower, the aim of which was to reinforce the upper part of the building for more load and renovation of the building. In 2011, there was a complete overhaul of the outdated PDH technology, which was replaced by modern technology on the SDH hierarchy platform.